Types of criminalisation
- Criminalises sex between men
- Criminalises sex between women
Commonwealth member state
1. Sexual Offences Act 1992, Section 9 Buggery
“Any person who commits buggery is guilty of an offence and is liable on conviction on indictment to imprisonment for life.” Full text.
2. Sexual Offences Act 1992, Section 12 Serious Indecency
“(1) A person who commits an act of serious indecency on or towards another or incites another to commit that act with the person or with another person is guilty of an offence and, if committed on or towards a person 16 years of age or more or if the person incited is of 16 years of age or more, is liable on conviction to imprisonment for a term of 10 years.
(3) An act of “serious indecency” is an act, whether natural or unnatural by a person involving the use of the genital organs for the purpose of arousing or gratifying sexual desire.” Full text.